[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] High-Voltage Testing

Subject: [TowerTalk] High-Voltage Testing
From: "crawfish" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 21:45:20 -0500
List-post: <>
A megger is slang for a megohmmeter. In fact, a company sold their megohmmeter 
under the trade name "Megger". This is also known as a hi-pot( or 
high-potential)tester. We use them every day in our manufacturing plant to 
check out the AC input to our equipment to insure that we don't have AC or DC 
leakage to ground. I used to check coax cables up to 40 kV. X-ray units have to 
be megged at up to 300 kV.
                                                             Joe W4AAB

TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>