[TowerTalk] M2 Antennas

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2 Antennas
From: "Byron Tatum" <bjtatum@ev1.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:34:24 -0500
Hello All-
    I wanted to let everyone know of the great service and support that M2
Antennas has provided for me. Last fall at my QTH south of Houston, TX  I
installed a pair of M2 18-XXX 144 Mhz. yagis. They are on a 2" mast spaced 14'
apart atop a 92' tower. A spring thunderstorm blew through and bent the booms
on the 2 yagis. The bend on the lower antenna was fairly severe, and both
antennas had booms bent on each end. I was a little surprised that this
occurred as I felt the weak-link in the system was the 2" alum. mast { 6061-T6
x 1/4" wall} extending 18' above 45-G top section neck. The top antenna is
mounted at very top of mast. The mast suffered no damage.
    I sent pictures to M2 and talked to them about it and they proposed to
build for me 2 new 18-XXX's using heavier booms  to replace the damaged
ones.They sent me the two new antennas at no charge and I feel they are to be
commended on standing behind their products.
    Anyway, I wanted to report this to everyone and to praise their service.
Thanks, Byron.