[TowerTalk] Mast size/material for stacking not-so-big beams

To: "'Tower Talk Reflector'" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast size/material for stacking not-so-big beams
From: "Allen R. Brier" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 01:05:40 -0500
This is a two part question:

I am planning to install a 4-el SteppIR at 70 ft and possibly another HF
beam above it in the future. One plan is to install a 10-Meter monobander in
a few years when the spots come back. Another is to install a 2 or 3 el
40-meter monobander.

1.      How much benefit would I get mounting the 10-meter mono above the
SteppIR on the same mast and how far should I space it if I do it.
2.      What size and material mast should I use if I mount a 40-meter beam
above the SteppIR? (Material / length / wall thickness, etc)

Allen Ross Brier, N5XZ