Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Resistance

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Resistance
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:44:22 -0400
Rather than looking just at resistance, why not try to more fully characterize
ground parameters?  I fuzzily recall that a VE2 working at the Canadian
government's antenna lab suggested years ago that you erect a very low dipole
for the frequency of interest and then tweak ground parameters in a NEC-2 model
until the resonant frequency and feedpoint impedance closely match the observed
values.  Is there something wrong with that approach?

73, Pete N4ZR