Re: [TowerTalk] DC very high voltage transmission lines

To: "JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>,"'Michael Tope'" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DC very high voltage transmission lines
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:29:02 +0000
TT:

     Two points then I'm done:

1.   The word <electrocution> didn't exist at the time of the
Edison/Westinghouse battles.  It had to be invented to describe the method of
execution by electricity.

2.   Edison didn't like AC, it was reported in some books on the subject,
because he couldn't understand the higher mathematics needed to describe the
physics associated with alternating current.  Tesla was a master (genius?) on
the subject and left Edison's lab to work for Westinghouse in the early 20th
century.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: "JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>