Just following up on my post from the weekend regarding the com port
issue. Thanks to all who replied and as promised, I said I'd post the
ultimate resolution of this problem.
Essentially I ruled out any mis-settings within software or the OS
(Win2K). Deleting and re-adding the ports did nothing and shorting
out pins 2 and 3 failed to yield an echo. I then managed to find an
RS232 breakout box and got it working. COM2 looked promising but
never worked. COM1 had failed outright. Both ports were on the
mainboard. A Belkin USB-to-Serial adapter was added and it didn't work either.
Finally, I tried a brand-new USB-to-Serial interface and it worked
first time out. New cables were also installed and I finally have
rotor control again. Again, thanks to all on-list who offered help.
TowerTalk mailing list