Re: [TowerTalk] inexpensive dummy loads

To: "TOWERTALK Reflector" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] inexpensive dummy loads
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:58:50 -0500
Sounds like me in the early days ( I haven't been a ham very long).  My new
rig was just being turned on and the paddles were being connected.  I had
turned the power down all the way (2 watts being registering on the tuner),
tuned it to the antenna and had reversed the paddles (they were backwards)
and was trying the paddles the first time just as a test (cq cq cq cq de
KG0KP KG0KP k).  Then I heard someone else on the frequency, oops I hope I
didn't bother him.  then MY call sign.  Oh no, I don't do cw !!!!  I'm
terrible.  What was his call??  SM...  Sweden???  on two watts.  I was
quiet, but there it came again.  Now what.  Guess I'll have to try to work
him.  I did, but it was terrible on my part.  Sweden on 2 watts by accident
on my attic fan dipole.

73, Jim