Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated Vertical with No Radials on Metal Roof

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated Vertical with No Radials on Metal Roof
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:42:28 -0700
>Any comments on my roof antenna with  no radials?  Should the >antenna
>radial connection point be bonded to the
> roof?  And, does anyone have any  experience with the ZeroFive

Hi Bob

On some roof's you have to be careful how you use them as all of the
sections are not bonded together.  A lot of the screws that are used to put
the metal roofs on actually have a rubber grommet (sp) on them.  Also a lot
of the sections are just laying one on top of the other with no physical
connection.

A friend here put a FF2V on a metal roof and he bonded all the sections
together.  It worked really good on 80 and 40.  73 and GL
Tom W7WHY