Re: [TowerTalk] Cost of Tower & Installation

To: <DrD@2020.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cost of Tower & Installation
From: "JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 08:25:35 -0700
I'm a little behind you, Mike.  I have a hole in the ground with the tower
base in it and I'm building the rebar cage now.  I have almost all the
materials except the concrete and I still have to purchase four sheets of
plywood for the forms.  My costs so far:

Backhoe & dump trailer:  500
Labor to help move dirt:  330
Base rock, cinder blocks, etc:  72
Rebar, ties & twist tool:  225
Crew lunches:  52
Land fill cost (dirt dump):  275
and coming soon:
10.5 cu. Yd. 6-sack-3/4 (4000 PSI) concrete: 1,506 (quote)
Concrete pump rental:  350 (quote)
Plywood forms:  80 (est.)

That's a total of $1,454 so far and $1,936 coming soon.

Of course that doesn't include the tower itself or the antennas.

73 - JC, K0HPS

PS: I have a daughter.  For those making the comparison, one year tuition at
UC: $6,950, food & dorm: $10,560, books & misc: $1,500, personal expenses:
$2,400, transportation: $500 (approx.).  Four years of that would build
quite an antenna farm.