[TowerTalk] Comtek 4sq box question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Comtek 4sq box question
From: "ON4IQ" <>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:03:13 +0200
I got a 2nd hand 4sq box (Comtek) a while ago and decided to put it on the

The 4 antenne ports are terminated with 50Ohm suhner dummyloads, the load port
goes to the network analyser and the xmtr port to the analyser aswell.

I inject a 3.5 to 4MHz signal into the comtek box and see on the load port
(where your dummy load needs to go) a level -7.5dB down on the xmtr level.

This seems pretty high to me as I found in on4un's book notion of -21dB as a
value for the dumped power when terminated in 50ohm.

Is there reason to suspect the seller sold me a bad unit?

73  Johan