[TowerTalk] HV LInes DC

Subject: [TowerTalk] HV LInes DC
From: "" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 01:22:55 GMT
I have been fascinated by the discussion of HV DC lines and would be

grateful if the following questions could be answered.

I beg the indulgence of the moderator for this off-topic topic.

1  How is the HV DC contrived.  Generated HV or rectified?

2  Once it reaches the other end, how it is turned back into AC?

   Motor-generators,  really big inverters?

3  What are typical voltage ranges and distances travel led?

4  Do the lines rely on the earth for "return" or do they run + and - ?

Tim Colbert  K3HX

Visit to sign up today!