Re: [TowerTalk] Radials - bare or insulated?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radials - bare or insulated?
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:19:14 -0400
Is there any lightning protection difference?  I would think the
radial system could come up to higher potential in a strike if

Of course, you shouldn't be relying on your ground radial system for
lightning protection, but it is a useful addition to it.

Speaking of radials, I'm taking a water break from filling my backyard
with 18 gauge bare stranded copper :-)  I would have used insulated if
I had it.  Probably should have used electric fence wire; I'm only
going to be here for a year, year and a half.