Re: [TowerTalk] B & W Antenna( was 2006 top ten)

To: "'James P. Cassidy'" <>,"'TOWERTALK REFLECTOR'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] B & W Antenna( was 2006 top ten)
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 01:32:38 -0400
W4RNL has done his usual excellent job modeling and studying the
"wideband folded dipole" (e.g., "the B&W Antenna").  See his
web page at:  The quick
take away from his work is that a 90' WBFD is between 3 and 7
dB worse than a simple 90' doublet fed with open wire line and
a suitable tuner at frequencies above 6 MHz.  Below 6 MHz the
losses in the WBFD increase significantly to the point that the
WBFD is down some 24 dB at 2 MHz.

   ... Joe, W4TV