Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting distance Force 12 C3S and EF140

To: "Ellam, Timothy St. J." <Tellam@MCCARTHY.CA>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting distance Force 12 C3S and EF140
From: <ec1cwg@dxhunters.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:59:50 +0200
From: "Ellam, Timothy St. J." <Tellam@MCCARTHY.CA>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:29 PM

>I am mounting a Force 12 40M rotatable dipole-EF140-above my existing
> F12 C3S. I am planning on a 3' to 4' separation. Will that be
> sufficient? Anyone with a similar installation?
>
> 73
>
> Tim VE6SH

Hello Tim,
IÂm having an Optibeam OB10-3W with a 40 meters rotatable dipole at 4Â over
it. AinÂt got any problem so far. Neither any degradation on lobes or
changes on SWR has been appreciated here. FB on yagi is better than
advertised on the manuals and the dipole has been one of my best purchases
(regarding antennas). On the other hand, I had a wire dipole for 40 and 80
meters located 15Â under the rotatable dipole and I noticed some changes on
SWR when the rotatable was placed parallel to the wire dipole. There were
some interaction among them thatÂs what I finally dismounted the wire
antenna and put a long wire for 80. YouÂre going to set up a good
installation though. Good luck. 73s!
EC1CT Fernando
E-mail: ec1cwg@dxhunters.com
URE & ARRL member