Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna spacing
From: K4SAV <>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:41:01 -0500
Looks like you have a pretty tall order there. As I calculate it, you
have about 20 sq ft of antennas to put on a single mast.

Without considering as to whether the antennas will operate properly or
not, but just placing them on a mast for minimum moment, assuming a 22
ft mast with 4 ft in the tower (which is kinda sporty), and antennas at
2 ft, 10 ft, and 17 ft, you would need a mast strength of 150 kpsi to
survive 70 mph winds with a 1.28 wind gust factor. You can get 100 kpsi
chrome moly but that's not going to handle it.  This is going to require
some serious engineering to put these on a single mast. Then there are
tower and rotator considerations also.

Even if you placed the antennas at 2 ft, 6 ft, and 10 ft, it would max
out a piece of chrome moly.

Jerry, K4SAV