Re: [TowerTalk] noise canceling

To: "'Thomas Tow'" <ttow1@charter.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] noise canceling
From: "WA3GIN in Alex. City, VA" <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 09:27:47 -0400
CAUTION:  The ANC-4 requires >50 watts to key the switch over relay.  If you
are using a linear that requires less power or running QRP there is a high
probability that you will fry the early front stages of the sense circuit.
Timewave has a bulletin that will show you how to connect the ANC-4 to your
PTT circuit of the transceiver (basically taking one lead to ground in xmit
mode).

You can also put two units in series and work on two difference noise
sources.

73,
dave
wa3gin