[TowerTalk] high tension wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] high tension wires
From: Gayle Kaye <gaylekaye@toast2.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 14:37:03 -0700
I found you by doing a search on google . I am just plain ol'John Q.
Public who's trying not to panic. So try to use some plain talk. It
would be appreciated. I am good with a dictionary.

I just heard there is going to be a 500kV high tension wire built in
our valley to help bring more electricity to the "city" 12 miles
away. Of course I chose to live in a semi isolated area because I
like it and feel upset by this "major intrusion."  My question to you
is about the safety of this "wire" being put through our valley, and
how concerned should we be?

Not being an expert on electricity and it's effects I am looking for
some information so I can be informed rather than just plain scared.
I have two girls 11+14, livestock, and an orchard that helps to
supplement my lively hood as a teacher. How concerned should I be?
The wire will be about 5-700 feet from my house. there about 30 homes
where it will pass and being a small town the is of course some
hysteria going on. Please let me know your opinion or where i can get
some information to be able to conclude my own opinion.

Thanks,
Trying not to panic,
Gayle