Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower bolts

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower bolts
From: "Bill Parry" <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:26:06 -0500
My tower guy came down off my Rohn 25 tower after doing some routine
maintenance a couple of weeks ago. He said that I was missing three bolts
out of the tower legs. I asked if he figured that they just vibrated out and
he said that it looked like they had disintegrated from rust. I guess that
Rohn didn't put all "good bolts" in the tower sections.

Anyway, I got the new bolts from Hill Radio for $1.60 (They come in sets 3
big ones and 3 small ones.) Guess checking that kind of thing is a good idea
with hurricane season upon us. He also made me cut those old mesquite trees
away from the guys.

Bill, W5VX