Re: [TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:18:58 -0400
Sent: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 9:06 PM

Harbor Freight (sigh .. again) has their 1" SDS Rotary Hammer Kit on sale
for $59.99  -- extra bit set is $9.99, buy one .. hard to find SDS bits ..
cut off a bit to make a blunt end, put a deep well socket over the shaft,
and bang away .. better yet, sacrifice a china cheapo socket and weld it in
place. I just got their e-mailed coupon for one of the Hammer kits, 20 bux
off.. in store only only $40 --- I have one, worky worky!
PS  -- also 6" digi caliper for $6 --way handy for us old folks for figuring
ID/OD !!
XYL, WA6MJB, won't let me take credit cards into their store, but I have a
mini VISA stashed for those "special deals"  HIHI...
Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX

mailto: AA6DX@ARRL.NET