Re: [TowerTalk] MARB-550

To: "'Alan L. Whitman'" <alan7114p@whidbey.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MARB-550
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:27:07 -0400
In my experience (MADP-770/MARB-770), the antenna will be more of a
determining factor than the MA-550. When the tower is properly installed,
you can turn the tube easily with one hand, much like a standard mast.
There's no weight on the rotor, either. Proper installation can be a bit
tricky. Check the Tower Talk Archives for my posts on this subject.

I've used a Hy-Gain T2X to turn my tube for about 10 years, with loads
ranging from 4 sq ft to the max of 9.5 sq ft, and booms up to 30 feet. No
problem (once I found a T2X that didn't have the infamous cold weather
sticking problem.) You may be able to get away with a Ham IV if you're
turning a small antenna.

73, Dick WC1M