Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55 thimbles and turnbuckles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55 thimbles and turnbuckles
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:00:01 -0400 (EDT)
Dick,

1/2" heavy duty thimbles are required by Preformed Line Products for use with
their Big Grips for 1/4" guy wire and Phillystran.

See:
http://www.preformed.com/artsfest/files/AppProc/SP2049-3.pdf
http://www.preformed.com/artsfest/files/AppProc/SP2806.pdf

Use a 7/16" shackle to make the transition from the thimble to the turnbuckle.

73!
Frank
W3LPL