[TowerTalk] Help with antenna layout

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help with antenna layout
From: "Kevin Gray" <>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:39:33 -0400
Putting up a new tower and planned to do the following.  The antenna is
a US Tower 72 foot crankup, tilt over.

I would like to have the following antennas on the tower.

1.     2 element 40 meter Hygain antenna.  This is the light weight

2.     A 2 meter beam

3.     4 element SteppIR Beam

4.     160 meter dipole

5.     80 meter dipole

The question has come up regarding interaction between the antennas and
the size of the mast I should have and the spacing.

I am also interested on the best feedline to use given this is a crankup
antenna.  I would like to maximize performance.

Feed line runs will be 100 feet plus or minus 20 feet.

I am planning to bring separate feedlines into the shack for each
antenna.  Thoughts?

Any special considerations regarding the installation would be
appreciated.  Including but not limited to the following.

1.     Spacing of antennas

2.     Feedline recommendations

3.     grounding considerations

4.     Rotor considerations

5.     Overall information to help this be a success

6.     Any advice

Thanking all of you in advance.

Offline email