[TowerTalk] Climbing gear

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing gear
From: "Mike Bragassa" <>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 20:43:28 -0500
If you had seen the manufactuers rep demonstration outside the Plano
(Dallas) HamCom  convention arena, you would never use a climbing belt
again, as your sole piece of climbing gear."If "you have a bare-lanyard and
fell; you would hit the end of that lanyard with 2500# of hip and spine bone
breaking force. You might not die; but I'll bet you will have trouble
walking the remainder of your life.
Mike, K5UO

Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:11:11 -0700
From: "Al Toothaker" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing Gear resource needed
To: "Towertalk@Contesting. Com" <>

Well,  K3LR's comments have finally convinced me that I need to change my
evil ways with regard to tower climbing gear.  After a recent trip up and
down my 50' Rohn 45 with the yellow jacket following me all the way got me
thinking I needed a little less free climbing.  Then Tim pushed me over the