Re: [TowerTalk] ham4 into 25g??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ham4 into 25g??
From: NØATH <n0ath@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 14:55:40 -0500
Julio - I have installed Ham IIs' and other CDE rotors into a Rohn 25 many
times in years past,
I have even installed them upside down and then rolled them upright in spots
where they seemed
worse than normal and for wiring purposes. The CDE  ( Hygain, Telex ) rotors
all used the same
upper bell size up to the tail twister. The only difference I was ever aware
of was the brake housing
 on these versus the smaller footprint on the CD 44/45 type rotors. I think
every one is waiting to see
who would respond first - opening the inevitable can of worms. There has
been much misinformation
shared about the CD type rotors and which was which - most of which was
caused by the addition of
something as simple as adding an led to the control box and changing numbers
again. The rotors were
still the same outside dimension from the ar 22  - to but not including the
tailtwister with the exception
of the addition of the brake housing. OK - Here comes flames -

When using the tailtwister, I did cut a crossmember next to the rotor plate
for access / This is how it
worked at my house years back - today my tailtwister sets in a seven foot
triangular space on the tower.
I can climb inside the tower and sit beside it to service it. I can also
stand and walk a complete circle
around it inside the tower - I am 6' 4" and 275 pounds - Good luck Julio
...............  NØATH / Dave