Re: [TowerTalk] Laddder question

To: "'David Kozinn, K2DBK'" <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Laddder question
From: "JC Smith" <>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 12:18:36 -0700
Hi David,

I have their "4-step" model (4 steps as a fully-compressed A-frame and16
steps if fully extended).  It's so old it doesn't match any of the current
models.  Back then they only made 3 different ladders, all the same weight,
and with 3, 4 or 5 steps when compressed.  I happened to have my booth at a
tradeshow right across the isle from the Little Giant booth and all week
long I watched their rep extending, compressing, folding and making that
ladder into its various configurations.  At the end of the show I knew I had
to have one so I bought his demo unit before he could pack it up.  That was
in the 70s and although I was on a tight budget back then, I have never
regretted spending the bucks on it.  In fact, as our business grew, we
bought them for salesmen, crew chiefs and service techs.  They are great
ladders.  I still have the first one I ever bought and although it is a
little rough looking, it still works fine.  In fact, you can see it at work,
including in an unadvertised position/mode, on my tower construction picture
Another handy thing is to be able to remove the center section and just use
it by itself when you need a narrow ladder, like for getting up into the

The new ones even have a lifetime warranty.

73 - JC, K0HPS