Re: [TowerTalk] Laddder question

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Laddder question
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:27:15 -0400
I found one of the adjustable ladders is quite handy when tuning antennas
near the ground. As far as I can see this is just a different take on
something that's been around a while.  Go to your local hardware stores
and/or "big box" stores and look for something similar. You might find
something a bit less expensive. Good ladders are expensive no matter what
the configuration.  At least they don't use copper. You'll often find mine
(early generic brand) as a straight ladder up against the side of the tower,
to the roof of the shop, or the roof of the house so I can get at the low

> little research on the web, and I haven't seen anything bad, and in fact,
> did find a number of pretty good comments. They are somewhat pricey, but
> for
> what I'd get it may well be worth it. (In addition to my recently departed
> A-frame ladder, the extension ladder that I have is old, somewhat flimsy,
> and a bit too short anyway).

You should try my 30'+ , wood, extension ladder. When fully extended it's
like climbing a rubber band. That ladder was old when I was born and it's
still in good shape.  Any wood with that much oil soaked in will last
forever. OTOH it is *heavy*.  (Always inspect any ladder *thouroughly* that
you plan on using.  Each material has it's strengths and weaknesses)

> I was wondering if anyone on the list had any firsthand experience with
> these, good or bad, that they'd care to share? To keep at least marginally

If it has wheels, keep them out of the dirt.  With ladders, it's a good idea
to keep the the KISS principle.
Hinges and latches take care. Leave them out in a rain a few times and it'll
be a "one position" ladder.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2 (Use return address from home page)