Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna eating tree

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna eating tree
From: "Tom Osborne" <>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:21:40 -0700
  Much better, I think, to install a screw eye and
> use that for the antenna connection, allowing suitable strain reliefs.
> I wonder if there's any useful "ham thinking" about tree health.
> 73 Martin AA6E

If you are going to put in a screw eye, you need to put a 2x4 or something
like that first, then hook the screw eye into that.

I put some in some trees to guy the small tower to and the bark finally
enveloped the screw eyes and the rope.  I had to take an axe and knife to
free the rope up.  73