[TowerTalk] Garolite

To: donovanf@starpower.net
Subject: [TowerTalk] Garolite
From: Stan Stockton <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 9:43:34 -0500
Frank,

I have a high quality, solid, molded fiberglass rod that I will use in the
center to split the elements.  One of the questions had to do with LE material
which I had seen that you had used. According to the specs listed for it on
McMaster Carr, the tensile strength is about 1/4 that of G10 or G11 which is
even stronger than G10.  Duffy said that he uses G10 instead of LE.

The next question has to do with insulating all the elements.  I could not find
a previous posting from several years ago where I believe you stated some
positives relating to interference issues, etc. from having insulated all the
elements.  If you could let me know what all those positives were I would
appreciate it.  Not sure whether you try to insulate the boom from the mast or
not?

Thanks...Stan