[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Cable Grips

Subject: [TowerTalk] Cable Grips
From: (Phil Camera)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 18:20:54 +0000
List-post: <>
Kellum grips are a type of cable grip used my electricians and linemen.  They 
at attached to the end of large diameter cables as an aid in pulling these 
through conduits or stringing up wires to towers or poles.  Most are installed 
on the end of a cable and terminate in a pulling eye to which you attach your 
lifting rope.  The grip part, using the Chinese finger torture technique, 
securly grips along a length of the cable being pulled and distributes the 
forces so to not damage the cable jacket or the internals. You get these at all 
industrial electrical supply houses (not sure about HD, etc.) or many on-line 

Phil  KB9CRY

TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>