Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir on 6 meters

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir on 6 meters
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 14:53:24 -0400
> Anybody have this 3 ele STEPPIR with the extra 6 meter passive >element?
> If so what is the performance over a stand alone 6 mter beam >of equal or
> greater size?  just curious... - Thanks..   -Mike

Mike,

I have the 3 element SteppIR with the passive element for 6 meters. The F/B
and gain seems to compare well with the like-size monobander I had.

There's a limit to how much gain you can get out of a 16 foot boom so if
you're looking for another 2 or 3db, a monobander with twice the boomlength
should get you there.

Tony - KT2Q