Re: [TowerTalk] Filling in anchor holes

To: <>, "Tower" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Filling in anchor holes
From: <>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:15:24 -0500
Hi Dick,

I'd worry that the backfill would, moreso than the undisturbed earth around
it, leech out the water the concrete needs for curing.

That would more than erase any benefit from preventing evaporation. I
would think that letting it cure under a waterproof cover (poly, waterproof
paper, etc.) would result in a stronger anchor.

Is the surrounding soil porous? Here we have clay, which is often

73, kelly