Re: [TowerTalk] Tic ring feeline

To: "'TTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tic ring feeline
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:06:01 -0000
That may work, you just have to be sure that the coax can't sag down to get
caught in the ring movement bearings or drive.  Since you don't need a boom
strut for support maybe just make a 3' or so vertical support  from the
cradle and do the loop between it and the tower.  It wouldn't have to be as
strong as a boom support strut so you could probably get a local shop to
weld you up some angle iron that you could bolt on somewhere.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net