Re: [TowerTalk] When was the first tower & beam used?

To: <>, "Jim Lux" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] When was the first tower & beam used?
From: "Terry Gerdes" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:09:48 -0500

I have copies of a few pages from the Basset Handbook of Rotary Beam Design
for 1939.  The Bassett folks had a series of commercial products like a 4
element 20 meter antenna with a rotor for $121.  The boom was not round but
looks more like a ladder.

They also had some interesting tower sections that were made of wood.   For
$88, you could purchase a 36 foot wood tower that was 3 feet square at the
bottom and 15 inches square at the top.  Each tower section was 6 foot in

I'm also interested in other options on the market from this era.

73 Terry - AB5K