Re: [TowerTalk] Directive Arrays

To: "crawfish" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Directive Arrays
From: "Dan Hearn" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:18:25 -0700
Our ham club at Oklahoma State University inherited a Mims "Signal Squirter"
My recollection is that it used copper plated steel elements made by PreMax.
They had ridges along the length for strength. The boom was a wood ladder
type structure. The most amazing thing about it was that it used a circular
copper tubing loop a foot or more in diameter around the rotator shaft and a
similar one just below it to inductively couple the RF. It could be rotated
continuously if desired with no problems. There was a capacitor in a can to
tune the coupling loop. I think it used open wire feed but not sure.
73, Dan, N5AR