Re: [TowerTalk] 90mph

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 90mph
From: <>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:24:26 -0400
I think your money would be better spent  purchasing a stronger tower.

To: towertalk, Aldewey
From: K7LXC
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:29:31 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/2006 6:38:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

>  Steve commented.....MA towers are too light for the  job....
Before totally giving up on the MA tubular towers, I wonder if  anyone h
to have gotten an MA550 qualified for 90 mph with the  stipulation that the
top of the bottom section would be anchored to the  house.  I know it is not
ideal situation but might be something I  would be willing to try if it
get me over the  hump.

        That's an engineering  question. Time to get a PE or otherwise
knowledgeable engineer involved.

Steve    K7LXC
Professional tower services for hams
Cell: 206-890-4188