[TowerTalk] Shunt-Fed Tower Electrical Length

Subject: [TowerTalk] Shunt-Fed Tower Electrical Length
From: John Cowan <>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 04:11:02 -0700 (PDT)
Now that I have the resonant frequency of 2.278 MHz for my 68' tower.

What should the design frequency be for 160 Meters?

I have plugged 1.8 and 1.9 MHz into the formula for computing electrical length
and it comes out to 71 and 75 degrees respectively.

What is the next step here? Do I need to work on adding more top loading to the
tower to make the electrical length longer?

Get your email and more, right on the  new