Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt-Fed Tower Electrical Length

To: "John Cowan" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt-Fed Tower Electrical Length
From: "Dan Hearn" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:14:36 -0700
John, it is not necessary for the tower to be resonant to make an efficient
radiator. Probably 99% of all ham tower verticals are not. You can get a 50
ohm match with an omega match at the base. You need to put your effort into
a good ground radial system if you want an efficient antenna. 73, Dan, N5AR