Re: [RFI] GB> OT - Broadband Over Gas Lines

To:,TowerTalk Reflector <>,
Subject: Re: [RFI] GB> OT - Broadband Over Gas Lines
From: kd4e <>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:08:05 -0400
> "...federal rules that limit the strength of ultrawideband signals don't
> apply in underground pipes. So, Nunally says, power levels can be
> boosted to provide each household bandwidth of up to 6 gigabits per
> second, several times that of a cable provider. Yet power is low enough
> so that signals can share the pipes with natural gas without starting a
> fire, he says...".
> ...I guess at least until a closed valve is encountered, the pipe acts
> like a waveguide with minimal loss in the medium....
> 73  Hy W2HY

I wonder what sort of clamp-on ferrite might be
applied to tame gas-line QRM?  :-)

I *hate* gas so have no idea as to the size of the
pipes in the neighborhoods.  They are burying the
Lousiana-Florida pipes about 20 mile down the road
from here and they are massive!

Might a buried longwire be necessary as half of a
QRM nulling setup?

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E
... somewhere in FL