Re: [TowerTalk] Raise Tower Using Crane

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raise Tower Using Crane
From: "Stone, Gary R." <>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:05:26 -0500
I did this BUT is was 80 feet of RG45 - don't know - sounds risky to me.
The 80 feet of 45G was fine but I would not want to raise 200 feet not
to mention the enormous size of the crane.

Gary, N5PHT

From: "Keith Dutson" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:49:28 -0500

I am going to assemble a 200 foot Rohn 55G tower on the ground,
guys.  Then I plan to rent a crane to raise it.  I have heard this can
done by attaching the crane at a point about 2/3 up from the base.  What
problem(s), if any, will be encountered in this process?  How difficult
it be to align the base with the lower legs and insert the bolts?  Any
special procedure to follow for attaching the guys?

Thanks in advance for your advice.