[TowerTalk] Omega-matching a 40m Beam on 80

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Omega-matching a 40m Beam on 80
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:53:42 +0200
Hi all,

I am going to bring up my 3 element fullsize 40m yagi in a month.
Now my idea is to force it into a rotatable dipole on 80m by using an omega
match.
I could probably run the omega tube underneath the boom from the mast to the
reflector end which is 6,50m away and have the capacitor box convienently in
reach near the mast. Boomlength is 12m and will be 38m or 41m above ground.
Background is, that I do not like my sidemounted rotatable yagis down the
tower to tangle probably with my high wire dipol.

Any ideas for this project and is it worthwhile?

73
Peter