[TowerTalk] Tower mast

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower mast
From: "Merlin-7 KI4ILB" <merlin-7@sc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:33:48 +0100
I like the chain thru the side of the shack idea.

 What if, I ran the chain thru some pipe between the gear on the mast and the
gear on the steering wheel inside the shack? It could be pvc as long as I
support it well at the tower and the holes drilled thru the shack would support
that end. Plus that would stop a lot of the problems with the chain being
exposed to the weather...An iced up or rusted chain  would really suck!
 Putting the chain in a pipe or tube should do away with any slack that would
tend to derail the chain and is very easy and cheap to do.

 Also, it would be easy to make the hardware to attach a sproket to the mast.
 I was thinking instead of bicycle chains and sprokets useing some 530
motorcycle chain and sprokets. Any mortorcycle repair shop should have some
used ones cheap.

Any more ideas?
Joe