Re: [TowerTalk] Copper roll,making 50 feet into 100 feet and thru wall i

To: <noid@baycrestfl.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper roll,making 50 feet into 100 feet and thru wall idea
From: <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:21:32 -0400
Noid:

    Running a copper strap from inside to outside of a residential structure
isn't going to be pretty.  It isn't even done in commercial installations
that I've seen.

     Let me suggest you run two beefy (#2) solid copper wires from your
inside ground bar to the outside ground rods.  The copper strap provides a
low-inductance conductor; the two parallel (but not too close) copper wires
will do the same.  I would install the wires about a foot or more apart to
minimize mutual coupling between them ( and the resultant increase in
effective inductance.)

     You could use two separate, small PVC pipes to carry the two wires to
the outside.  Easier and less unsightly than one large PVC pipe as you
wrote.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F