Re: [TowerTalk] 9913 coax

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 9913 coax
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:36:04 -0400

> I'm trying some Commscope #3227 that was recommended to me as as
> substitute for LMR-400.  It's somewhat stiff, but is light and standard
> connectors are easy to install.

I use standard PL259s on LMR-400 with no problem.  The "Extra Flex" with the
stranded inner connector does require a bit of trimming. (Remove two
opposing strands)

When I purchased two spools of LMR 400 it was considerable cheaper than
9913. It see they are now very close in price. Current price on LMR-400 is
69 cents a foot, while 9913 is about the same. Prices do vary between

Currently the Comscope equivelant is listed at 39 cents per foot in 1000
foot rolls.
I do use Comscope flooded RG-6 for all my satellite TV as well as off the
air TV system. I use the waterproof crip on connectors for that.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2 (Use return address from home page)