Re: [TowerTalk] The BIG one!

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The BIG one!
From: "Peter Voelpel" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 01:50:00 +0200
 I fully agree, he will not improve above his stack of 2x3 elements with the
upper at 150 feet+:

If he has the upper at 150´and the lower on 65´his gain at 4° is 5dbs
higher, on 5° 3dbs higher and 2dbs higher up to 14°.
Putting the 5 element at 150´ would gain him about 2dbs above the stack on
the very low angles up to 13° but a null at 26° and would not be that much
flexible on propagation changes.
The 5 elements at 100´has a broader vertical lobe and still a lot of gain up
to 40° (like a dipol) which might be useful for close in contacts  but is
worse for DX contests.
I simulated the differences above flat ground.