Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 45, Issue 98
From: "Donald Chester" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 04:15:56 +0000
Here's how I ran the 3" copper strap in my shack to the outside grounding

I ran mine through the floor, and cutting a slot would have weakened the
structure more than I would like, so I drilled about a half dozen holes in a
straight line and about a half inch apart, each just large enough to
accomadate a piece of #10 copper wire.  Both inside and under the shack I
ran the strap up to the holes and cut it.  I ran a piece of wire through
each hole, and soldered the ends of the wires to the strap on each side of
the floor.  Since this is located in a dry area, I used ordinary 60/40
solder.  The straps are bonded together with 6 #10 wires in parallel, which
electrically should be about equivalent to a continuous  run of the 3"

Don k4kyv