Re: [TowerTalk] Wench for a hazer..??

To: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wench for a hazer..??
From: "Bill Winkis" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:40:03 -0400
Thanks for the reply...well I've been using a "Hazer" on my 68 foot test tower for ten years...and it works great...

It's nice to build antenna's at waist height then crank it up for testing etc....then run it a month or two just to be sure, before it goes up on one of the big towers...

See: If your interested,

But now approaching age 70 and sporting a new right knee...the hand crank is getting a little Glen-Martin offers a winch as an option but I thought I would get some real good-positive feedback from this group...oh I hear of the steel plate-box that holds the winch in place outside the tower--with a series of pulleys to guide the SS cable, and the Amp meter monitors with safety kickouts, in case of a jam, etc....but that was years ago..and certainly today there must be a "Better Mouse Trap"

Oh I've seen in my travels some pretty neat trollies on 45-55G towers that were quite stout.... but not the 360 hazer type....(see the enclosed file)

OK...any constructive idea's...??

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <>