Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-70HD Crankup Tower

To: "Don Tucker" <w7wll@casco.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-70HD Crankup Tower
From: "mryan001" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 01:50:18 -0400
If you have the COMPLETE instructions / manual for the tower, there is a
very good gin pole/erection fixture diagram in the back.  They are in common
use around the country I am sure. Some people I have heard are using surplus
aluminum utility pole(s) cut down and used.  I think the pole is on the
order of 18ft. Best thing to do is to look at that and build something. It
cannot be expensive but somewhat labor intensive to get set up. The guy that
took my tower down had used the raising fixture for a US Tower but had to do
some welding to the existing HyGain concrete base ears to attach it.
Unfortunately, this would not be a good idea if you intend to reuse the ears
as of course you would. The welding might not be the way to treat them if
you know what I mean. ( Blake in Tampa are you reading this...maybe explain
how you did this over in Orlando...)  All in all, I would just build the
fixture that HyGain suggested.  - Mike