Re: [TowerTalk] [Boatanchors] Base for tower

To: WØQFC <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Boatanchors] Base for tower
From: "Al Parker" <>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:35:43 -0400
Gene, et al,
    I know this won't go to several groups that you've posted to, but
maybe it should.
    I've said this before to others, and will repeat it now -
    You're messing with safety, yours, maybe your neighbors, maybe
innocent bystanders.  Maybe not this month or year, but it could be
sometime in the future.  Weather, etc., can cause some severe stresses
that could cause improper installations to fail.
    Get in touch with a local registered Professional Engineer and have
him evaluate your situation.   Ask your local Building Inspector dept.,
the folks who issue building permits, if they'll recommend someone if you
don't know anyone else.  They know best about your local soil conditions
and what it will take to do the job.  It'll cost you a few $ but you'll
get a proper installation if you follow his recommendations and you can
rest easy.  You'll need the specs on the tower, which you have, plus the
wind load area info on the beam and whatever else you plan to put up
    I've been thru the process, and I am a Professional Engineer
    Please think "Safety".
Al, W8UT
New Bern, NC
BoatAnchors appreciated here