Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-70HD Crankup Tower

To: "mryan001" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-70HD Crankup Tower
From: "Don Tucker" <w7wll@casco.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 11:38:35 -0700
I do have the complete instructions and am aware of the wood fixture.  My
problem is it would require hooking to a truck or auto tow fixture or
something similar and I don't have the room to insert a vehicle. I need
something that I can put in a more limited space behind the tower.  If
anyone has some details or specs on the US Tower crankup layover fixture I'd
sure like to look at it and see how adaptive it might be (no pics on the US
Tower site).

Looks like the only way I'm going to get to the rotator is to raise the
tower enough to expose it in the inner section then block it and the other
sections with some steel pipe.  While not comfortable with this (fingers
toes obsession) it looks like the only alternative. As to being able to lift
the mast it looks like I will need to fabricate a 'special' short gin pole
that will hook on the outer section  and use a grabber on the mast ( I only
need to raise the mast  6-8 inches).

I received a lot of good suggestions and comments and I am most appreciative
to all of you for your help.

Don W7WLL
YCTS
ARRL,  WVDXC, 10-10 #71666,  ARLHS #166, USLHS, QCWA #33545
K Sorter, ARRL 7th Area QSL Bureau