Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-400 vs. CommScope vs. Belden

To: "'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"'Tower Talk List'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-400 vs. CommScope vs. Belden
From: "Allen R. Brier" <britech@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 19:59:14 -0800
What I'm really looking for are y'all's experience with these cables, with
respect to ease of use, bending radius, connectors, water ingress, etc. I
have an offer to get 800 ft of LMR-400 equiv. CommScope for $300. However, I
am planning to put up a crankup and it might be too stiff. On the other
hand, I can use it for future antenna projects elsewhere on the property.
So, what does the collective intelligence of the group say??

Allen Ross Brier, N5XZ SET
BriTech Systems Incorporated
NICET Fire Alarm Level IV
NICET Sp. Hazards / Sprinkler Systems Level I
1515 Windloch Lane
Richmond, Texas 77469-2553
(281) 342-1590
(281) 342-0940 (FAX)